CATHOLIC TRADITION RESOURCE

IHS

Friday, July 30, 2010

Speedway Stout Arrival!

Although this has little to do with Catholicism, I thought I would post on one of my favourite hobbies, beer! My passion was kick started 4 years ago when I was in Brussels, just before heading down to Lourdes.

It has been about 4 years now that I have been trying to get my hands on AleSmith Speedway Stout, an American Stout and one of the top ten beers in the world (according to ratebeer.com.) My parents were driving back home from Florida when a light bulb went off in my head. I would call every rated beer store along the I-75 from Cincinnati, Ohio to Detroit, Michigan (Ratebeer.com maps out every beer store in the world). I was looking for Founders Breakfast Stout, Bells Expedition Stout, and AleSmith Speedway Stout. A few stores had the Expedition Stout (which I already have), and the Breakfast Stout was no where to be found. Finally one of the last stores I contacted had a few bottles of AleSmith Speedway Stout. Miami Valley Wine and Spirits in Tipp City, Ohio, about an hour north of Cincinnati and literally right of the I-75. I put a few Wee Heavy's on hold as well.

The only problem is that I ordered 3 Speedway Stouts and 2 Wee Heavy's. A slight mistake here, but I can't complain. I am happy to have 2 beers that have avoided me for 4 years. See link for top 50 beer ratings: www.ratebeer.com/beer/top-50/

No comments:

Post a Comment